Part-Time, Temporary to Permanent
This opportunity is for a temporary, part-time (less than 30 hours per week) applications engineer. The role could become full-time permanent in the future, as business requirements dictate.
The Application Engineer (AE) job is part technical engineering and part sales. The AE has engineering responsibilities including participation in internal technical reviews and discussions, evaluation-board printed circuit board (PCB) design and development, device verification/characterization, simulation model creation/validation, customer application simulation and analyses, product definition and technical collateral development.
The AE also has sales and marketing responsibilities. The AE works with sales to develop and execute account plans and provides customer support for the product portfolio to manage opportunities from lead generation and design-in, securing and defending design-wins, through to customer implementation & production. The AE is a technical interface to Vidatronic’s customers and is responsible for customer support in all phases of the sales process, including both pre- and post-sales roles. The AE acts as the bridge between Vidatronic’s customers and the Sales and R&D Engineering teams within the company.
The AE is a customer-facing engineering role in the sales organization. The primary responsibility ultimately is revenue growth, mainly through the following actions:
- Development and execution of lead generation & sales account plans
- Follow-up on sales leads, including telephone, web-meeting, and email, to drive customer opportunities through to design-in/win
- Maintain strong customer relationships through technical capability, responsiveness and integrity
- Write new product proposals, datasheets and user’s guides
- Develop technical collateral including characterization reports, white papers, application notes, PowerPoint presentations, articles, blog entries, social media postings, etc.
- Design and develop test/evaluation- and demonstration-board printed circuit boards (PCBs)
- Device evaluation, verification and characterization in the lab
- Creation and validation of product simulation models, including analog (SPICE) models, behavioral models, timing models, etc.
- Simulation of devices in customer environments to validate behavior
- Provide post-sales customer support including customer integration and lab testing/debug
- Participation in in-house technical calls & meetings to review status of product/technology development and contribute technical ideas
- Work in office and laboratory environments using standard office and computing equipment, test equipment, and hand tools, including soldering
Required Skills & Experience
- BS required; MS preferred
- Strong technical understanding of power-management circuitry and the semiconductor product development process & lifecycle
- PCB design and development experience (must be able to show examples of work)
- Lab equipment usage and semiconductor device testing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work through technical issues with customers
- Ability to write persuasive papers for both marketing and technical purposes
- Very high fluency in verbal and written English language
Vidatronic is a start-up company that prides itself on innovation, creativity and responsiveness to our customers. We are specifically looking for an individual who will help build the reputation of our company and our engineering team. If you are interested in joining our team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.